Please make yourself familiar with our COVID-19 return to practice plan to know what to expect at your appointment with us.
We are closely following guidance from the College of Podiatry and Public Health England in order to keep everyone safe whilst providing footcare. This will be different to what we’re all used to, but is necessary to take these precautions for you and your practitioners safety.
- If you are displaying any symptoms such as fever, a continuous new cough or if you notice any new bruising or chilblain-like lesions on hands or feet or small blisters on the trunk or limbs please contact us on 01803 868888 even if it is on the morning of your appointment. We are not upholding our cancelation policy at present.
- We kindly ask that you turn up as close to your appointment time as possible in order to avoid multiple people in the reception area. We will ask you to wait outside and your Podiatrist will call you in when the treatment room has been thoroughly cleaned and ready for your treatment. This is for your safety.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer hot drinks at this time.
- All podiatrists will be wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- If you already have a face mask, we kindly ask you to wear it. If you don’t have one, we can provide you with a face mask.
- When you arrive we will ask you to put your face mask on and use the provided alcohol gel when you enter the clinic. We will then use a non-contact infrared thermometer pointed towards your forehead to ensure you do not have a temperature.
- We may struggle to hear you with all our protective clothing so we may keep our conversation brief and will look forward to chatting when we don’t need to take these precautions.
- When possible, we encourage the use of Contactless card payment. We can always call you after your appointment and take payment over the phone and rebook your next appointment to minimise your time in the clinic.
- We are disinfecting hard surfaces, equipment, door handles and the card machine before and after each patient. The hard surface spray and wipes have been approved by the government for use against COVID-19.
- We have had to take the difficult decision to put all our prices up due to the increase in costs of all our sundries, especially PPE and obviously the huge impact the lockdown has had on our practice. We completely understand if you do not wish to attend due to this.
- After all that, we look forward to seeing you!
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.
Very best wishes, Rosanne, Alex, Sarah, Olivia and Pola (Footworks Podiatry).